Experienced Counsel for Surgical Accident Victims in Pittsburgh
Despite technological advances such as high-resolution scopes and robotic assistance, surgical procedures are still prepped, performed, and overseen by humans. Patients are at grave risk from mistakes or misconduct by any member of the surgical team, from the attending surgeon and surgical residents to the anesthesiologist and operating room nurses.
Surgery gone wrong is the most common source of medical negligence lawsuits. The Pittsburgh attorneys of Rosen & Perry have a long history of holding surgeons and hospitals accountable for botched operations resulting in serious injury or death.
Did the Surgical Team Screw Up?
We perform in-depth medical research and consult nationally renowned experts to determine whether your surgeon followed only the approved techniques before, during, and after a surgical procedure. We are confident that we can gauge whether you have a malpractice case and will vigorously pursue your rightful compensation. Arrange a free case evaluation at 412-281-4200.
Proven Success in Surgical Error Cases
We investigate surgical malpractice cases against medical providers in Allegheny County and Western Pennsylvania. Not every bad outcome of surgery constitutes malpractice, but we have obtained verdicts and settlements in a wide range of surgery-related cases, like these:
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Retained objects (sponges or medical instruments left inside the patient)
- Scalpel errors/poor technique (perforated bowels, severed arteries or nerves)
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Negligent care in post-op and recovery (failure to monitor)
- Complications of bariatric surgery (e.g., gastric bypass)
- Permanent harm from brain surgery or spinal surgery
- Negligence in laparoscopic procedures
- Birth accidents from mismanagement of C-section delivery
- Hospital-acquired infections (staph, MRSA)
- Untreated complications of surgery (hemorrhage, blood clots)
- Unnecessary surgery stemming from misdiagnosis
We Review Hundreds of Surgical Mistake Cases Every Year.
While investigating a case, we secure complete copies of the patient’s medical records, pertinent X-rays, and photographs taken during surgery. We scrutinize operative reports describing the patient’s surgery, together with subsequent notes describing intraoperative complications, to discover whether surgical error has produced or contributed to our client’s injury. Our Pittsburgh medical malpractice lawyers stand ready to review your case, discover what happened, and tell you whether surgical negligence contributed to your family’s tragedy. Rosen & Perry is the answer when you are the victim of a surgical error. Please contact our Pittsburgh office to arrange a free consultation by calling 412-281-4200.