A leading pharmacy chain is under fire after allegedly filling the wrong prescription for a 5-year-old boy. The parents thought the prescription drug, labeled Haloperidol, was meant to treat the child’s allergies. The boy’s name was clearly printed on the label. The parents did not know that the powerful drug is an anti-psychotic medication used in the treatment of adults.
After administering the prescribed dosage, the boy slept for two days. Upon awaking, he attempted to eat a cookie, which immediately caused his neck to swell. A few hours after the swelling subsided, the boy began to act strangely. He then fainted. He was rushed to the hospital where the parents learned the medication had been prescribed to an adult by the same name.