Neil R. Rosen
Email MeNeil R. Rosen
Attorney at Law, born Oil City, Pennsylvania, February 12, 1951; admitted to bar, 1976.
An experienced and successful trial lawyer, Mr. Rosen has won some of the highest jury verdicts and some of the highest settlements in the region. Cases in point: a Mercer County jury awarded the plaintiff $12.8 million for failure to timely diagnose breast cancer; an Allegheny County jury awarded $5.25 million to a plaintiff as a result of the failure to diagnose colon cancer; and an Allegheny County jury awarded $5.5 million to a plaintiff who was diagnosed with prostate cancer, when in fact he did not have such a cancer. Mr. Rosen has won a number of the largest medical malpractice and personal injury verdicts ever awarded in Allegheny County and surrounding counties. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum because he has had dozens of multi-million dollar settlements.
For over twenty (20) years Mr. Rosen has associated physicians and nurses as full-time employees to assist in reviewing medical malpractice cases. He is known to retain nationally recognized physicians in their fields to serve as expert witnesses in his cases.
Mr. Rosen has been honored since 2004 by Super Lawyers as one of the top lawyers in Pennsylvania and has been voted as one of Pittsburgh's Top 50 Lawyers. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers as one of the top 100 lawyers in Pennsylvania. Mr. Rosen is recognized by Best Lawyers in America and was voted by Best Lawyers in America as Best Lawyer of the Year in Medical Malpractice Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mr. Rosen was one of the first lawyers in Pittsburgh to make Medical Malpractice essentially his only field of practice.
The Kollel made Mr. Rosen the recipient of the Shalom Award. The Shalom Award recognizes individuals and companies who have made contributions to the Jewish community.
Attorney Neil Rosen believes in giving back to the community.
A founding partner in the law firm of Rosen Louik & Perry, P.C., Neil Rosen has been chosen as one of the Best Lawyers in America and a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. Yet he considers his community involvement, philanthropic giving, and interest in education to be highlights in his career. It is in recognition of Mr. Rosen's support for our community and education that the Kollel chose to honor him with the 2006 Shalom Award. Mr. Rosen has served as President of Adat Shalom Synagogue. Mr. Rosen also served on the Board of Directors for the National Kidney Foundation of Western Pennsylvania.Mr. Rosen has also established an endowment for Trial Advocacy at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law to promote trial advocacy skills in the area of Civil Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer Cases
- Product Liability Cases & Industrial Accident Claims
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Construction Site Accidents
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1976
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1976
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1972
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
- Ochs v. Erie Ins. Exchange, 390 Pa.Super. 419 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1990)
- O'Neil v. Henry's Riverside Market, 388 Pa.Super. 634 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1989)
- Rosenberg v. S. Allegheny Sch. D. et al, 61 Pa.Commw. 63 (Pennsylvania Commonwealth 1981)
- Rosenberg v. So. Alleg. School Dist., 78 Pa.Commw. 620 (Pennsylvania Commonwealth 1983)
- Parker v. Henry, 500 Pa. 446 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1983)
- Hoeke v. Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, 299 Pa.Super. 47 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1982)
- Carter v. Aaacon Auto Transport, Inc., 286 Pa.Super. 547 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1981)
- McCoy v. McCoy, 292 Pa.Super. 475 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1981)
- Babich v. Pavich, 270 Pa.Super. 140 (Pennsylvania Superior Court 1980)
- Tiffany Hill v. Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, et al.
- Viola v. John P. Gallagher, M.D., et al.
- Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Law and Trial Tactics, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Law and Trial Tactics, The Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Law and Trial Tactics, The Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Law and Trial Tactics, Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- Wrongful Death and Survival Damages, Clarion University
- Medical Malpractice, North Carolina Trial Lawyers Association-Raleigh, NC
- Structured Settlements, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Medical Malpractice, Allegheny General Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Appointed by the Supreme Court to serve on the Supreme Court Rules of Evidence Committee
- Super Lawyers
- Voted one of the Top 50 Lawyers, Pittsburgh by Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Voted Lawyer of the Year in Medical Malpractice Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized in Top Attorneys in Pennsylvania by Philadelphia Magazine for excellence by peers in the legal community for having impressive records of professional achievement and ethical standars
- The National Trial Lawyers; Top 100 Lawyers
- Recipient, Shalom Award, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice
- National Kidney Foundation of Western Pennsylvania, Past Vice Chairman
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Supreme Court Rules of Evidence Committee
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Sigma Nu