Young Girl Suffers Hypoxic Shock and Apnea after Accidental vecuronium Administration

Our client was a 5-year old female who presented to the emergency room with vomiting and diarrhea. Due to her dehydration, emergency room employees were ordered to administer fluids. While starting a new IV, a nurse attempted to flush the IV with a syringe believed to contain a pre-mixed saline solution. However, instead of saline, an excessive amount of vecuronium, a paralytic typically used to incapacitate a patient prior to intubation or surgery, was mistakenly administered to client. As a result, our client became cyanotic and could not breathe on her own. She ultimately suffered hypoxic shock and apnea but made a full recovery. The client retained Rosen Louik & Perry to pursue a damages claim. Our Allegheny medical malpractice lawyers determined the medication error caused her condition to worsen. This case settled for $220,000.00.

If you’ve suffered a medication error or overdose during medical treatment, we can help. Our firm specializes in understanding and representing your claim. Request a free consultation to with Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Lawyers Rosen Louik & Perry to discuss your claim. Contact us today to learn more.

Rosen Louik & Perry are here to help. If you’re a victim of medication error or mistreatment, call today to receive a free consultation. Our lawyers understand pain and suffering and they know how to help. Contact us today to learn more.