If you have recently lost a loved one, you may be struggling with financial burdens along with your grief and confusion. A sudden or accidental death is all the more tragic and difficult to accept when you learn or suspect that it was caused by another person's negligence or intentional actions.
The Pittsburgh attorneys of Rosen Louik & Perry, P.C., help the surviving family members recover wrongful death compensation so they can move forward and rebuild their lives. We have secured countless verdicts and settlements for clients across Western Pennsylvania.
You Deserve To Know. Your Loved One Deserves Justice.
We aim to provide peace of mind by uncovering what happened and holding the wrongdoers accountable for your losses. Arrange a free consultation at 800-440-5297.
Skilled Wrongful Death Lawyers In Pittsburgh
We have brought successful wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of survivors in a wide range of cases:
- Medical negligence — We hold doctors and hospitals accountable for deaths from surgery accidents, failure to diagnose cancer, mismanagement of childbirth and other medical malpractice.
- Motor vehicle collisions — We have experience with fatal auto, truck and motorcycle accidents, as well as bicyclists and pedestrians killed by cars.
- Drunk driver accidents — You might have grounds for punitive damages or legal action against a bar or restaurant that served the alcohol.
- Workplace fatalities — Employers are generally immune, but you could have lawsuits against third parties.
- Negligence of dog owners, property owners, product manufacturers, nursing homes and other parties who failed in a duty to prevent harm or warn of the risks.
What Damages Can Family Members Recover?
A wrongful death lawsuit is not a monetary measure of a person's life or the family's grief. Rather it reflects the economic losses and tangible impact on the lives of the surviving family members. Our attorneys work with the family, as well as economists and other professionals, to calculate applicable damages for:
- Loss of projected earnings over the person's presumed lifespan
- Loss of consortium, companionship, advice and support
- Replacement of household contributions (chores, child care, etc.)
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
The deceased's estate can also pursue a parallel survival action for any conscious pain and suffering the victim experienced prior to death.
Let Us Take On Your Burdens
Defense lawyers are not hired to be sentimental. Their job is to fight liability or minimize the insurance payout. Our job is to hold the wrongdoers accountable and maximize your compensation. We are prepared to go to trial to get justice, even though we collect no attorney fees unless we win the case.
Our compassion for grieving families drives us. Our skill and commitment consistently produce results. Call our Pittsburgh law office at 800-440-5297 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.